SERIOUSLY DELISH PALEO BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
A long time ago, I posted about a No Faileo Banana Bread recipe that I found from Civilized Caveman. The original recipe is really quite good, but I have found that over the years I’ve changed the recipe up a little bit. For example, I never make banana bread in bread loaves. In my oven, it always turns out kinda funkedy in the middle and I usually have to cook it for much longer than the recipe calls for. (Funkedy = weird, by the way). I also use more bananas than indicated in the recipe, I have changed the fat source, I have added chocolate (serious no-brainer there), and I ALWAYS make muffins instead of bread. There are also certain brands of ingredients I like better than other brands. When I get asked for the banana muffin recipe, I always give the original with my changes. I’ve decided it might just be easier to modernize the recipe for what I actually do and give it to you that way.
You’ll love these muffins and your non-Paleo family and friends will love these muffins. They won’t even know that they are Paleo. Adding the chocolate is just a brilliant addition for hitting that sweet spot! Trust me.
- 6 banana bread-ripe bananas (the browner the better)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy MaraNatha almond butter (purchased from Costco – super runny and great for baking)
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Honeyville coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Combine bananas, eggs, almond butter and melted oil in a food processor.
- Once ingredients are smoothly blended, add in coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and sea salt. Mix well with food processor.
- Hand-stir in walnuts and chocolate chips directly into food processor bowl.
- Line 1.5 muffin tins with liners.
- Pour batter to top of each muffin liner (muffins “rise” little, if at all).
- Please in your pre-heated over an bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool enough to eat.
- Slather with Kerrygold butter and enjoy warm.
- Makes approximately 18 muffins.
- Be sure to keep leftover muffins refrigerated (they can turn a funkedy shade of green if left on the counter. Seriously).
You can eliminate the walnuts and chocolate if you aren’t feeling those ingredients and the muffins will still be awesome!