SERIOUSLY DELISH PALEO BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
A long time ago, I posted about a No Faileo Banana Bread recipe that I found from Civilized Caveman. The original recipe is really quite good, but I have found that over the years I’ve changed the recipe up a little bit. For example, I never make banana bread in bread loaves. In my oven, it always turns out kinda funkedy in the middle and I usually have to cook it for much longer than the recipe calls for. (Funkedy = weird, by the way). I also use more bananas than indicated in the recipe, I have changed the fat source, I have added chocolate (serious no-brainer there), and I ALWAYS make muffins instead of bread. There are also certain brands of ingredients I like better than other brands. When I get asked for the banana muffin recipe, I always give the original with my changes. I’ve decided it might just be easier to modernize the recipe for what I actually do and give it to you that way.
You’ll love these muffins and your non-Paleo family and friends will love these muffins. They won’t even know that they are Paleo. Adding the chocolate is just a brilliant addition for hitting that sweet spot! Trust me.
- 6 banana bread-ripe bananas (the browner the better)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy MaraNatha almond butter (purchased from Costco – super runny and great for baking)
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Honeyville coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Combine bananas, eggs, almond butter and melted oil in a food processor.
- Once ingredients are smoothly blended, add in coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and sea salt. Mix well with food processor.
- Hand-stir in walnuts and chocolate chips directly into food processor bowl.
- Line 1.5 muffin tins with liners.
- Pour batter to top of each muffin liner (muffins “rise” little, if at all).
- Please in your pre-heated over an bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool enough to eat.
- Slather with Kerrygold butter and enjoy warm.
- Makes approximately 18 muffins.
- Be sure to keep leftover muffins refrigerated (they can turn a funkedy shade of green if left on the counter. Seriously).
You can eliminate the walnuts and chocolate if you aren’t feeling those ingredients and the muffins will still be awesome!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Love the muffin idea too!