PALEO CHOCOLATE COCONUT MUG CAKE
Yesterday I saw a photo of a heavenly cake morsel with some melted chocolate on it and I became obsessed. Pre-paleo, cake was my very favorite food in the world. No kidding: when I was pregnant with Colton, I ate a double layer white cake from Safeway…..every single week. I definitely looked like I ate a cake a week back then and know that doing this today would not be good for my Paleo-clean digestive system. I was super excited to find a Paleo-friendly option to enjoy that won’t blow my belly up and I’m super excited to share this recipe with you. The small, manageable size is an extra bonus for those of us with portion control issues (^^raises hand).
We are in the middle of a Paleo challenge and I’m not allowed to have any sweeteners, but I did nibble at each of the three batches I made…all in the name of “research.” Oh, and it was lovely research. I was inspired by this Paleo Mug Cake recipe from Paleo on a Budget. I made a few tweaks to a couple of the ingredients and have found my very own version of cake heaven. Here it is:
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour (I used Honeyville)
- 1 Tbsp Almond Flour (I used Bob’s)
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (I used Sprouts Organic Grade B)
- 1 tsp Vanilla (I used Sprouts Organic Vanilla Extract)
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (I used Sprouts Bulk)
- Crack egg into mug and use fork to beat it up.
- Add rest of ingredients into mug.
- Use fork to mix together well.
- Microwave for 1 minute. If you need to, add an additional 15 seconds. Be careful, the cake continues to cook after you take it out of the microwave. You don’t want it to get too dry.