PALEO CHICKEN NUGGETS
Man, I have been working on a chicken nugget recipe for like, forever. I’ve tried this a million different ways and ended up combining a couple of different recipes I found online to find something I liked. This one turned out pretty good and my kids like it, too (always a plus). The best part is it’s not too difficult at all. I know you’re going to freak about the pickle juice. Just trust me. Check it out!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbs coconut milk (I used canned)
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 1 Tbs arrowroot flour
- 1/2 Tbs paprika
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp onion powder
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 Tsp salt (for coating)
- Coconut oil for greasing cookie sheet
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put ground chicken into Ziploc bag and pour pickle juice into the bag. Let marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- After marinating, pour extra pickle juice out of bag.
- In small bowl, mix the beaten egg and coconut milk. Pour into bag and let sit while you prepare spice mix.
- In another small bowl, mix coconut flour, arrowroot flour, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Pour spice mix into bag and knead to mix thoroughly.
- Pour almond flour an 1/2 Tsp of sea salt into small bowl.
- Form nugget-size pieces with the ground chicken. Roll in almond flour/salt mixture and coat evenly.
- Grease your cookie sheet with a generous amount of coconut oil.
- Place nuggets on a cookie sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Flip half way through.
- Nuggets are done when they are golden brown.
- Dip in Paleo ketchup and enjoy!