Easy Shredded Chicken Recipe
I have been working on shredded chicken recipes lately, trying to perfect the perfect Paleo Chicken Enchilada Bake. I’ve tried packaged pre-cooked shredded chicken and rotisserie chicken and the chemical content of both of those products is concerning. For reals: go grab a grocery store rotisserie chicken and look at the ingredient list on the bottom. S…C…A….R…Y. It ain’t just chicken and spices, folks! The only way I knew how to make shredded chicken was to put chicken breasts in the crockpot and wait several hours and let me tell you, ain’t nobody got time for that!
As I Googled recipes looking for an easier way to make shredded chicken, I came across a recipe that takes only about an hour. I cleaned it up a little bit and the result is amazing. Best of all, I know exactly what is in the food I’m putting in my mouth and that is a win-win.
4 Large Chicken Breasts
2 Cups Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
1) Place chicken breasts in large pot with broth.
2) Season with salt and pepper.
3) Bring to boil.
4) Turn heat to medium and let simmer covered for 10 minutes
5) Turn to medium low and let cook covered for another 60 minutes. You may need to add more broth if it boils down – don’t let it get dry.
6) Grab a hand mixer and shred.
7) Eat right away or cover and save.