COACH BV’S BACON-WRAPPED SWEET POTATO FRIES
Getting Brian to sit down and write out one of his recipes is not an easy task. I think there are two types of cooks: 1) those that just make shit up as they go and 2) those that need to have every measurement and every instruction completely lined out. Brian is Type 1 and I am Type 2. I can’t make anything without a complete set of instructions, while Brian is the type of guy that throws the instructions out and just has at it. Type 1 and Type 2 cooks frustrate each other with their methods, but we need the Type 1s to invent new recipes because Type 2s will never invent anything in the kitchen (unless its an accident. trust me.)
Brian makes a bacon-wrapped sweet potato fry that is out of this world. He complains that it’s a time-consuming process so it’s a rare-ish treat around our house, but you’ll love the finished product. Keep in mind, this is a “Brian Recipe.” You’ll need to decide how much of everything you use. Enjoy!
Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Fries
Bacon (don’t buy thick cut)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and cut into fry shapes.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and chili power (take it easy on the chili powder).
- Cut bacon in half each way (length and width).
- Wrap each sweet potato with a piece of bacon.
- Place on broiler pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Flip one time half way through.